To envision this outing from photos, see below and click here: Images from Inwood CC & the 2022 and 2021 DANY outings there
DANY is pleased to offer this sequel to our greatly enjoyed July 2022 and October 2021 golf outings, now with some nice non-golfer options too. We welcome back tennis players to engage in a casual play format. Beach lovers, you can enjoy a day at Inwood CC’s oceanfront beach club in Atlantic Beach NY, including access to its swimming pool and the Atlantic Ocean. Tennis players have the option to enjoy this beach club as well. Golfers will spend their day on the historic Inwood CC course in Inwood NY. A barbecue lunch will be offered to golf and tennis players. And, all guests are invited to enjoy an elaborate pre-activity breakfast, as well as evening cocktail and dinner receptions.
Both picturesque venues are on Long Island's South Shore, just 20 miles or so from Manhattan. Please consider the following golf, tennis / beach, beach-only, receptions-only and sponsorship choices, and review the ensuing Q&A section (especially as to tennis and/or beach participation).
Golfers are invited to enjoy the same outing experience that was provided in July 2022 and October 2021. The challenging links and parkland course has an intriguing mix of trees, fescue, sand, water, and breezes, with views of bays and surrounding nature. Bobby Jones won a US Open and Walter Hagen a PGA Championship here. Your day will include the following enticements:
- Full breakfast with omelet and nova stations, 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Driving range and other golf practice areas; available at 9:30 a.m.
- Golf scramble tournament at 11:45 a.m.; two carts per foursome
- Prize opportunities for longest drive, hole-in one and more
- Cocktail reception at 5:15 p.m., with open bar throughout the
dinner reception as well
- Dinner reception 6:15 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. including skirt steak,
swordfish, chicken, ribs and ice cream sundaes (or equivalents)
- Golf Foursome: $1,295
- Golf Foursome and tee box sign: $1,695
- Golf Threesome: $995
- Golf Twosome: $665
- Golf Single: $335
- Tee box sign: $500
Numerous images of the Inwood CC golf course, mainly from our July 2022 and October 2021 outings, can be seen through the links at the beginning and end of this message. Additionally, here are two articles which you may find of interest (please click):
Links Magazine: Inwood_Country_Club
USGA: Going Rakeless at Inwood Country Club
Tennis with Beach Choices:
DANY is pleased to offer opportunities to play tennis, enjoy an oceanfront beach club with swimming pool, or do both - and with a variety of food and beverage options, so you can experience this outing as an entire day or e.g. as an afternoon / evening event after a morning of work. Tennis players have the following choices, listed from least to most inclusive:
- Tennis, Beach Club, Cocktail & Dinner Receptions: $215
- Tennis, Beach Club, Breakfast, Cocktail & Dinner Receptions: $235
- Tennis, Beach Club, BBQ Lunch, Cocktail & Dinner Receptions: $235
- Tennis, Beach Club with snacks and beverages there,
Cocktail & Dinner Receptions: $240
- Tennis, Beach Club, Breakfast, Barbecue Lunch,
Cocktail & Dinner Receptions: $250
- Tennis, Beach Club with snacks and beverages there,
Breakfast, Cocktail & Dinner Receptions: $260
- Tennis, Beach Club with snacks & beverages there, Breakfast,
Barbecue Lunch, Cocktail & Dinner Receptions: $275
Please see the Q&A section below for further details.
Beach without Tennis Choices:
Anyone interested in a day at the beach without tennis has the following choices, listed from least to most inclusive:
- Beach Club, Cocktail & Dinner Receptions: $180
- Beach Club, Breakfast, Cocktail & Dinner Receptions: $200
- Beach Club with snacks and beverages there,
Cocktail & Dinner Receptions: $205
- Beach Club with snacks and beverages there, Breakfast,
Cocktail & Dinner Receptions: $225
The experience at Inwood Beach Club includes access to its swimming pool and the Atlantic Ocean. Please see the Q&A section below for more details.
Cocktail and Dinner Receptions
Golfers, tennis players and beachgoers will get together for cocktail and dinner receptions. Cocktails start at 5:15 p.m., and then Dinner is from 6:15 p.m. - 8:15 p.m., which will include skirt steak, swordfish, chicken, ribs and ice cream sundaes (or equivalents). There will be an open bar throughout these receptions. More details are provided below. If you will not be joining any of the daytime aspects of this outing, please consider attending the cocktail and dinner receptions; the price: $160
A popular way to provide additional support for DANY and its initiatives is to purchase a tee box sign; this can be done as part of a golf foursome package, or for the stand-alone price of $500 - and this can display the name and logo of your law firm or business. Additionally or alternatively, several specialty options may be available, including as to hole-in-one contests, tennis, beach, breakfast, lunch, cocktail hour and dinner sponsorships. Please call (212) 313-3657 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, Steven.Dyki@guard.com and email@example.com.
Shirts with collars, Bermuda shorts or longer; for the receptions, business casual or golf attire. Bathing attire is okay at the beach club, but not the main club. For golfers, soft spikes are mandatory; metal spikes are not permitted.
Additional Details / Answers to Questions
- This outing is open to DANY members, sponsors and guests, including business colleagues, friends and adult family; for reasons including insurance and contractual requirements, minors may not attend.
- Tennis will be a casual play format. If you are a potential tennis participant, please speak with people you know about attending this outing, so you will have tennis partners in advance, for singles or doubles play as you wish; this should avoid any risk of not having someone to play with.
- Tennis is played at the Inwood Country Club main campus, i.e. where the golf course and main clubhouse are. All tennis registration options include access to the Inwood Beach Club. So, tennis players have some flexibility as to how to organize the day, e.g. play tennis all day, or enjoy both tennis and time at the beach.
- Atlantic Beach, situated on a barrier island, has a long history of private beach clubs on its oceanfront, one being Inwood Beach Club. Outing guests are offered lounge chairs and towels, and there are restrooms with showers. Bring a beach bag to hold any personal belongings, or keep such items in your vehicles.
- Each venue has a parking lot; guests will self-park and go to and from their vehicles as they wish.
- A variety of food and beverage choices are offered to accommodate individuals’ preferences concerning choice and timing as to outing activities and meals. The elaborate main clubhouse breakfast is available to all guests. Tennis players can join golfers for a barbecue lunch. At the beach club, snacks (but not sandwiches or entrées), soft beverages and canned alcoholic beverages are offered, and beach club guests can bring (or have delivered) their own food and soft beverages. As seen from the tennis and beach choices listed above, some include morning and/or afternoon food and beverage, and others do not. Cocktail and dinner receptions are integral to the outing / annual meeting experience, and so are part of all packages.
- The breakfast is 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the main clubhouse.
- The tennis courts are available from 12 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The barbecue lunch is 11:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the golf course halfway house; tennis players would need a decent walk to get there, and should lookout for potential errant golf shots along the way.
- Beach club access, including the ocean, swimming pool and the snacks and beverages there, is from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The cocktail reception is at the main clubhouse, 5:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
- The dinner reception is at the main clubhouse, 6:15 p.m. - 8:15 p.m.;
any needed swearing-in of DANY officers and directors and/or
by-laws vote will happen then.
- It is about a 12 minute drive between Inwood Country Club
(50 Peppe Dr, Inwood NY) and Inwood Beach Club (1795 Ocean Blvd,
Atlantic Beach NY), both in southwestern Nassau County on Long Island. There is no shuttle service, so beachgoers, please be prepared to drive or ride with someone else; there is a $3.00 cash-only toll for the Atlantic Beach Bridge, needed to get to and from Inwood Beach Club.
Please view the images below, and click on the following website links of Inwood Country Club, for further inspiring information.
Inwood Country Club Website: Club Website Link
Inwood Country Club Digital Brochure: Club Brochure
Images from Inwood CC & the 2022 and 2021 DANY outings
More questions? Contact Brad Corsair - (917) 363-5698
Inwood Country Club: Hole 14 (above) and Clubhouse (below)